Loves cakes...

Loves cakes...
My blog with a collection of my pictures of cakes. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do! Just click on the picture to go to the site.

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Valentines Surprise-Chicago

Surprise!!!!! I went to Chicago for a valentine's trip. Mark is the best. He is so good at doing surprises for me. I didn't find out or have any clue until Janee spilled the beans the evening before we left. (Don't feel bad Janee, Mark never told you not to say anything to me) We got up and after seeing Abby off to school we left for Chicago (and YES Mark packed everything for the kids and us!!) Thanks to the Misseldine's our kids stayed in Michigan. You guys are the best!!!!! We got to Chicago about 12:30 central time and got some great pictures. Then in our tradition of trying lots of new restaurants We went to a couple. First Poag Mahone's. It was on Oprah's 10 best hamburgers in the country list. Wow!! They were so good. They had this crispy crust to them that was fabulous and the buns were real good too. Well worth it. Then from my favorite: Diner's, Drive-ins, and Dive we went and got BBQ. It was called Smoque's. It was north of Chicago in a suburb. IT was yummy. We got Brisket and St Louis style ribs. The ribs were my favorite. Then we went to the Motorcycle show and a concert (see attached blog). The concert ended at 12:30 CT and we left in a snowstorm to head back to Michigan. We got home about 6:30 am!!!!!!! Wow I was tired and I slept part of the way!!! We didn't even get to go crash and go to sleep. Mark was in charge of a breakfast for the leadership broadcast at our branch. So we picked up the kids and went to church. We did get to sleep after the broadcast though. Chicago was so much fun!!! I can't wait to go back. Maybe take the train so we could sleep. Thank you Mark for a great VAlentine's day! I love you.

The hamburger place in downtown Chicago
Doesn't it look fabulous!!!
From Diners Drive-ins and Dives
Brisket, yummy cornbread and BBQ sauce from heaven!!!!
Chicago's south side we always have to drive around and see areas that aren't on the tourist route. And NO Mark did not bring his gun...it's illegal to carry in Ilinois (no wonder they have such a high crime rate!!!! I guess we'll never move there......
Lake Michigan and Chicago through the smog
The 'L' There's something so romantic when I think of the 'L'
I don't know why?? Oh yes it reminds me of While You Were Sleeping!!!
I love that movie!!!!

We didn't get to see the Sears tower except from a distance because ice was melting off the sides of the building and falling down so they closed a bunch of roads. Because of the melting ice it seemed like it was raining although it was sunny out side!!!

3 comments:

Rylie said...

What a great hubby you have! It looks like you guys had such a great time. I can't wait to check out Chicago myself.

Alyson said...

Wow! It looks like an amazing place!

Janee said...

LOL - yeah, I still feel really bad about that! I must try that BBQ place!