So we spent Thanksgiving at Marks parents house. It was fun, had some good fun playing games, watched man vs. food almost all day. The kids swam with grandma every morning, we also watched toy story 1 and toy story 2.
However things changed come saturday. I got a call from my neighbor that our garage was open and water was coming out. My heart jumped, I had her run over and go in the house. She said there was a big flood! I hurried and gave the phone to Mark so he could tell her how to turn the water off. We immediately left (without our kids) to get home. Called the insurance on the way.
When we got there it was like walking into a water cave. There were sounds of dripping , and stalactite (normally cave mineral deposits that come down from the ceiling) made out of paint hanging from the ceiling, it was crazy! It was so bad we just didn't know what to do?? So we did what anyone would do, we videotaped everything and went to dinner. Well we also called the insurance to see what to do and what we can do. Because it was saturday it took about 5 hours before a person that could do something responded. By that night at 7pm there were 7 or 8 people tearing out carpet pad and putting fans and dehumidifiers in our house. They had to call somebody to fix the furnace, it got covered in water.
My brother in-law Dave brought our kids and minivan up, Thanks!! He also tried to fix the furnace but it had a fried mother something? So we ended up staying at our home teachers house. Now we are staying at the Kelli's house, also known as Hunter and Savannah's house. It is really good because our kids can play. If we were in a hotel or something I don't know what the kids would do but I know I would not survive.
SOOOOO.......A pipe broke in the upstairs bathroom and must have run for a long time. It flooded all of the floor upstairs and anything on the floor. Caved in the ceiling in the office, garage, and laundry room. Flooded the basement so everything on the floor in the basement and upstairs...well lots of things got ruined. But like Travis Pastrana said "For as bad as it went, it went really well" We didn't loose photos, hard drives or anything that is not replaceable.
I will try to keep you better posted...whoever reads this.




5 comments:
I read your blog. :) Man, what a mess! I feel so bad for you! So glad you have insurance. Will they cover your loss?
Ugh! What a disaster!
O.M.G!!!! I'm speechless! Sounds like you guys handled everything really well though. SO LUCKY your photos, non-replaceables, etc. didn't get ruined!
Keep us posted...
Oh Christie, it sounds aweful. But I still can't help laugh that you just videotaped it and went to dinner. I'm so glad all your pictures are okay, that would be devastating.
I still read your blog :) I can't believe that! How awful! I hope that everything get's back together fast!
Post a Comment