Here is Abby's masterpiece!!!
As you can see it is a Dr. Seuss themed cake. We did the Cat in the Hat and
One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish. Two classics. We got the idea from
looking at cakes online then we tweeked them to how we liked.
And for all you naysayers (yes I got lots of people who don't know her or my cakes that said she couldn't have done it) here are pictures of Abby making the cake...... I mean
seriously no dig to Abby (she is only 8 and this is her first complete cake from start to finish)
but my work is way better than this. :) I sat with her and talked her through every step of the way,
but she did the actual work herself. I am so proud of her. She is very artistic
and loves to create things. And she has helped me on pieces of other cakes before this.
Abby rolling out and cutting the box pieces.
Putting the box together. I made the fondant before we worked
on it and got everything ready for her.
The cake is made out of styrofoam so it is way easier to decorate than an actual cake is. Here she is forming the fondant to the cake. She did a really good job. And since it was styrofoam and not
covered in frosting it doesn't get smooshed and is really easy to work it over the "cake".
She got it very smooth and worked for quite sometime smoothing it out.
Abby making the chocolate figures. The chocolate comes pre-dyed. Then you print off a clip art image, cover the paper image with a clear transparency and trace over it with chocolate. When they dry you just peel off the plastic and place on the cake with more chocolate or a toothpick.
It is really easy to do and adds great character. I did write the words thing 1 and thing 2 for
her since they were so small and she had a hard time with it.
She had a little hard time not smearing the black outlines but overall they look fabulous!!
He is my favorite! I am so glad we added him to the cake.
Such attitude for such a little fish! Or as we say around here, "Abbytude"
Abby at school dropping off her cake! She got first place in her category.




8 comments:
SOOOOOO impressed! Can Abby show me how to decorate a cake sometime?
Very impressive! Great job Abby!
Holy cow!!!! That girl has got some major talent!!! It looks AWESOME!!!!! What a good teacher she has! What a patient Mommy she has!
Abby you ROCK!!! Xadi and are love it! Great Job!!!
Abby you ROCK!!! Xadi and are love it! Great Job!!!
This cake is absolutely amazing - Abby you did such a wonderful job!
So Awesome! I need Abby to give me cake decorating lessons.
Go Abby! And, Christie way to make her do it herself so she can gain that confidence.
Post a Comment