Thanks everyone for the compliments on the cake!!
Here are some more picts of it.
Making the cake (and all the food for the shower for that matter)
without a kitchen was an experience. I ended up driving to Salt Lake and baking the cake and making all the food at my mother-in-law's house. Then I decorated it at my place. I thought this picture was so funny. How I wished for a counter, or a sink, that would have rocked!!!
This is the finished cake outside. I thought it turned out nice even though I was doing it until about 2 hours before everyone came. It was sad to see it disappear without ever getting to just see it sitting on my counter for a while first but oh well such is the life of a cake.
A closer picture. I loved the green sparkles that I put on the cake. I put shimmer dust on the black seeds and all the red accents but the green disco dust really made me happy!!
I love sparkles!!!
The top of the cake. The baby was a little funky looking but I loved how the top looked like a strawberry. If I ever do something like this again I will carve the strawberry so it is shaped right too. My kids all fought over the strawberries to eat them and many neighbor kids had some too. It was an orange cake filled with orange custard, and orange flavored italian meringue frosting. So good. It is actually one of the first cake recipes I ever made when I was a teenager.




3 comments:
Seriously I want your talent!!! That cake is just adorable!
You decorated that cake on a card table?!? You impress me more and more each day!
wow...you are so talented! that cake is so adorable and when you describe what was inside it makes my mouth water. Knowing you made it in a "sub-par" kitchen makes it even more amazing!
Post a Comment