Loves cakes...

Loves cakes...
My blog with a collection of my pictures of cakes. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do! Just click on the picture to go to the site.

Monday, May 18, 2009

Karen's Baby Shower

  1. I threw my sister a baby shower for her first baby. It was so much fun. Her favorite color is red so I went for slightly atypical decore: red, green, flowers, and strawberries. I was so fun and I am glad that so many people could make it!!! At least they all finally found my house. Apparently I need to make my own directions to send people because google and mapquest are horrible!!! BUT everyone eventually made it. And Karen had fun and got lots of nice things to help her out with her new little princess. Thanks everyone so much! And we missed everyone who couldn't make it. My set up. I made creamy tomato soup, strawberry lemonade, and Candied pecan, apple and grape salad. It was so yummy if I say so myself!!!These are flowers I bought for "decoration" yet for some reason I enjoyed the "decorations" many days on my own.
  2. The cake I made for Karen. It was a Citrus sunshine cake. Orange chiffon cake, orange custard filling, and orange flavored Italian Meringue Icing. YUMMY!!!

    Abby LOVED the shower as much as Karen. She is turning, or has always been, such a girly girl. I have to admit that I love it. Jack was enthraled too,

but he loved playing with his cousin and the chickens more than anything. Oh yes, did I ever mention we got chickens???

I love you Karen and wish you all the best with your new little one!!

5 comments:

KFinley said...

You have chickens? That's crazy!

That cake is beautiful! You are so amazingly talented! I hope all is well for you guys, we miss seeing you and the kids! Keep in touch and maybe we'll see you in July!

McGinnis Family said...

Oh my gosh! That cake is AMAZING and so adorable! It sounds delicious!!! I miss your cakes!

Anonymous said...

That cake is amazing, all your cakes are, but i really love this one!

Doug and Jess said...

That food sounds AMAZING! I wish I could have been there. I love the cake too- how fun!

Alyson said...

Your description of the cake made my mouth water! Yum yum! I want some! And talk about beautiful! Mrs. Talented!

Now about those chickens... how many did you get? Are they stinky? Just wondering about these things...